The European Conservation Agriculture Federation (ECAF), in light of the LIFE+ Climagri project organizes the ‘Best Agricultural Practices: Linking Climate Change mitigation and adaptation with CAP’ workshop. LIFE+ Climagri proposes a series of Best Agricultural Practices to be implemented in accordance with the main objectives of the new Common Agricultural Policy (CAP) and that will be presented in this event.
This workshop is jointly hosted by two Members of the European Parliament:
- MEP Clara Aguilera, Vice-Chair of the Committee on Agriculture and Rural Development of the European Parliament. Group of the Progressive Alliance of Socialists and Democrats in the European Parliament; Spain.
- MEP Ivan Jakovčić, Member of the Committee on Agriculture and Rural Development of the European Parliament. Group of the Alliance of Liberals and Democrats for Europe; Croatia.
The event will focus on subjects of great interest in the development of the new CAP and will take place at a time when deliberations regarding the CAP reform are in full swing. The discussions held at this event will offer a great opportunity to voice out your opinion due to the forum, the topic and the appropriate time.
Simultaneous multi-language translation is also provided throughout the event. Translations offered include: English to Spanish, Spanish to English, Portuguese to English & Spanish, and Italian to English & Spanish.
As the venue is a room at the European Parliament with limited capacity and the access to the building is restricted we strongly recommend you to register to the event as soon as possible.
Below you can see more info about the workshop such as the program or the registration form, among other issues.
European Parliament (BRUSSELS).
Room: Paul-Henri Spaak Building. P4B001
Simultaneous interpretation will be provided from English, Spanish, Portuguese and Italian into English and Spanish.
Time: 13:45 (Registration at the entrance of the European Parliament. The event will start at 14:30).
07 Nov 2018
- European Parliament.
Paul-Henri Spaak Building.
- European Parliament
MEP Clara E. Aguilera-García
- European Parliament
MEP Ivan Jakovčić
- European Commission, DG ENV (LIFE Unit)
Jean-Claude Merciol (Head of LIFE Unit)
Gottlieb Basch (President of ECAF)
- Introduction to Conservation Agriculture - core principles, worldwide spread and key deliverables
Amir Kassam (Global Moderator of FAO CA-Community of Practice)
- Agriculture as a mean to mitigate climate change - saving energy and sequestering GHGs in soils
Emilio J. González Sánchez (Coordinator of LIFE Climagri Project)
- Improving resources management to adapt European agriculture to climate change
Ignacio J. Lorite-Torres (IFAPA Researcher)
- Linking Climate Change mitigation and adaptation in the new CAP framework
Peter Wehrheim (EC-Member of Cabinet of Commissioner Phil Hogan)
- The role of Agriculture in the UNFCCC and European policy measures
Christian Holzleitner (Head of Unit CLIMA.C.3 - Land Use and Finance for Innovation - DG CLIMA)
Chris Kavalaris (Agricultural Engineer)
Giuseppe Cillo (Agricultural Engineer)
Pedro d'Orey (Agricultural Engineer and farmer)
Rafael Calleja-García (Agricultural Engineer and farmer)
Oliver Martin (Farmer)
Frederik Larsen (Farmer)
- LIFE as catalyst of sustainability improvements in the farming sector.
José Fernando Robles-del Salto (ASAJA Project Manager)
- Results of LIFE Platform Meeting on adaptation in the Mediterranean region (Madrid, March 2018)
Carlo Ponzio (NEEMO LIFE Projects Monitoring and Evaluation Specialist)
Registration for this event is compulsory as the capacity is limited and access to the European Parliament restricted. You can register by filling in the following form.